Bass Guitar Lessons – 5 Minutes from Chancery Lane Station in EC4
YES, YOU CAN PLAY BASS!
If you’ve always wanted to learn how to excel at playing the bass guitar or perhaps you already play, but you really really want to move forward and understand the bass and it’s role in making music, then you’ve come to the right place.
Learning to play the bass is definitely a very rewarding pastime pleasure. Without the bass the band is like a building without foundation! You are a very important aspect of any band’s rhythm and foundation.
The first things we will work on is to get you acquainted with the bass as an instrument – how it works, how it’s tuned, where the notes are, and how to hold it.
YOU DON’T NEED ANY EXPERIENCE TO JOIN OUR WEEKLY BASS LESSONS
After moving through the basic concepts we will then move on towards:
- Learning famous bass lines (easy ones to start with)
- Playing major and minor scales
- Playing major and minor arpeggios
- Developing basic left and right hand technique
- Understanding your role in the band
- Learning party tricks (to impress your friends!!!)
As an intermediate bassist it’s often a difficult thing to get past that brick wall in front of you. The biggest thing we will do is motivate you to break any resistance in your playing and move you towards greatness by teaching you to think outside of the box by teaching you various techniques to help you break through.
We will work on:
- Drastically improving your technique
- Helping you get a firm understanding of the most important chord/scale relationships
- Develop your left and right hand technique to a much greater degree
- Helping you play more by ear and get into basic improvisation
- Slap bass – funk bass technique
The biggest breakthrough you can make in your bass playing is to develop your technique and knowledge of harmony. The bass player with the best understanding of his or her harmony combined with a great technique wins!
We will work on:
- Perfecting your technique
- Getting you to absolutely understand the chord/scale relationship in the Major, Melodic and Harmonic scales
- What makes a great bass line
- Playing with others
- Advanced ear training
- Developing speed in your right hand
- Developing an agile left hand
» Contact Us Today about Bass Guitar Lessons